IT’S FINALLY HERE after a very interesting week!!!!

About hungateh

Haley Hungate has written 4 post in this blog.

Hello!! I'm Haley Hungate, and I'm thrilled to be representing Newman University as an Admissions Ambassador. I am a junior (senior by hours!) working towards a Bachelors of Science in Accounting and a music minor. I am completely in love with Newman, and I show my love by being involved in EVERYTHING!! From chorale and troubadours to Student Government, from Residence Life to Ambassadors for Christ, I am involved in a ton of what this beautiful campus has to offer. Check here to see how I manage my crazy hectic life and tackle this coming semester!!!

Ladies and gentlemen, Spring Break has finally begun!! After many weeks full of papers, projects, exams, and performances, we finally have a full week to breathe! While some people get the opportunity to travel to crazy awesome places or to go home many miles away, I will be nice and cozy here in Wichita catching up on my sleep. Who knows? Maybe I’ll even nap outside seeing as how it’s supposed to be fairly nice most of the week. Wanna know why I’m so excited to do nothing? Here’s a recap of my week…

I started it off with some Residence Life interviews with my Residence Life Coordinator and some prospective RAs. That was soon followed by Health and Safety checks throughout Beatta Hall. This is the nit and grit of being an RA, and it’s not even that tricky. Being an RA is one of the greatest decisions I’ve made while at Newman. The next day we had the Campus Ministry blood drive in the Gorges Atrium. I hadn’t ever given blood before, so I decided to buck up and try it. Everything was wonderful. I volunteered for an hour first and thought I had eaten enough and had enough water for the day. Apparently, I was wrong. The nurses were wonderful and very personable, and it didn’t even hurt, but I was a tad bit dehydrated, and I blacked out hard core. Because I was dehydrated, I clotted up before they could get the right amount, so I didn’t even get to save a life. It was super frustrating!

Tests and papers followed that event as I stressed myself out before break. Then, on Thursday, I got to unwind with a residence life event. We tie dyed 20 tshirts, and some residents made really awesome designs. Up until now, I’ve always been awful at tie dye, but the spiral thingy finally worked for me. I was pumped, and I’m so ready to show off my tie dye! My crazy week ended with a blocking rehearsal in Chorale and Troubadours and two tours given to prospective students. Like I said, I am so ready for this break! See you on the 24th Newman!!

Post By hungateh (4 Posts)

Connect

hungateh

About hungateh

This entry was posted in Campus, Classes, General, Life, Students and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to IT’S FINALLY HERE after a very interesting week!!!!

1. Kaity says:

You deserved a break! Hope it was enjoyable….but we are glad to have you back in Admissions :)